TERMS AND CONDITIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Competition is open to individuals or teams of 2 people max. The lower age limit is 16 with no upper limit. (herein defined as “Participants”).
- Teams and individuals are limited to one submission each.
- To participate in the Competition, Participants must fill the registration form available on the website. Participants will need to upload a Pitch Deck for their Product Ideas in below format. Registration form along with the pitch deck will be called as “Proposal”.
- Title Slide - The following information must be provided at the top of the first page of the Proposal: (a) the names of the Participant(s) submitting the Proposal – for teams, all team members’ names shall be listed.
- Market size
- Existing Competitors
- Which are the areas your product has an edge over your competitors
- Revenue Model
- Marketing Strategy
- Entries must comply with the following Submission Rules:
- Pitch must be created by and owned by the Participants.
- Pitch Deck must not exceed 9 slides.
- The deadline for submitting Entries is 11:59 pm IST August 5th, 2020. An Entry is timely, and will be accepted, only if received before this time. The time of transmittal will not be considered in the Proposal evaluation. Organisers reserves the right to extend the deadline.
Permissions and Releases
- By submitting an Entry, Participants certify they own or have obtained the necessary permission for any images, charts, statistics, or any other information or material used and submitted for the competition.
- Any violation may result in disqualification of the Entry. Participants are responsible for protecting their proprietary and other rights under applicable laws.
Participants that submit Entries anonymously will be disqualified.
Judging and Selection Process
- Entries will initially be screened by “Innovus Technical Committee” (the "Technical Committee”). The Technical Committee will verify that the Participants meet the Eligibility Requirements and that Entries comply with the Submission Rules.
- All Entries that pass the Technical Committee screening will be judged by an “Innovus Expert Committee” (“Expert Committee”) composed of CIBA Team, Greentechglobalholding Team, Design Faculty, Entrepreneur and Design Expert. The Expert Committee will shortlist up to 15 Proposals (“Shortlisted Proposals”). The selection of the Shortlisted Proposals will be done based on the below Judging Criteria.
- Clarity, scope and relevance of the problem and of the proposed solution
- Innovation and originality
- Feasibility of Implementation
- Potential for impact.
- Participants who have submitted the Shortlisted Proposals may be required to submit additional information, refine/revise their Proposals and/or submit short ‘pitching’ videos.
- These 15 shortlisted participants will have to attend online workshops on “Design Thinking”, “Business Model Canvas” and “Pitch Deck” spread across 2 days. The participants will be given 3 days to incorporate the learnings from these workshops in their product design.
- The shortlisted participants will then have to present their ideas to the Expert Committee on the “Pitching Day”. Top proposal will be awarded with the prize of benefit of up to Rs. 50,000/-.
- The Experts Committee’s Decision is final and cannot be challenged.
- In the event of a tie:
- For Shortlisted Entries, the selection will be done by comparing scores received on the individual above-listed criteria, in the following order: (1) Clarity, scope and relevance of the problem and of the proposed solution; then (2) Innovation and originality; then (3) Feasibility of implementation; and finally, (4) Potential for impact. If there is still a tie, the Proposals will be selected based on a new vote by the Expert Committee.
- For Presentations, the selection will be done by comparing scores received on the individual above listed criteria, in the following order: (1) Potential for impact; then (2) Feasibility of implementation; then (3) Innovation and originality; and finally, (4) Clarity, scope and relevance of the problem and of the proposed solution. If there is still a tie, the Proposals will be selected based on a new vote by the Expert Committee.
Prizes and Recognition
Winners will receive in-kind prizes. Details will be announced at a later stage.